where to get a water pump impeller kit for 1983 mariner 115 hp inline 6

honda460ex

Seaman
Help please... Looked and looked on the internet for a kit with all gaskets to fit this motor but I can't find a complete kit. This is supposedly the factory impeller part number, 47-89984T-4. Would like to have that and all gaskets to go along with it. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: where to get a water pump impeller kit for 1983 mariner 115 hp inline 6

They are available lots of places. There are kits with just the impeller, kits with impeller and gaskets and wear plate, kits with impeller, gaskets, wear plate and pump cover. I canot believe iBoats doesn't carry them. Look on ebasicpower web site as well.

Charlie61

Petty Officer 1st Class

********** also thats them

honda460ex

Seaman

Thanks guys... I am still looking. I had wanted to find a kit that way I didn't have to buy it piece by piece like on that one website carholme. Thanks for that link though, gives me another place to compare prices and order from when cheaper. I figured piece buying it would be more expensive. This is the site I have used to buy parts through before, but they have no kit either that I can tell.

http://www.marinepartsplus.com/catalog/mariner/serial/115+(6+CYL.)/+84980

Does anyone know what pump kits may be interchangeable to my part numbers? I guess that's my other problem finding the kit is knowing what will work on what. Sorry guys, this water pump experience is my first on a boat motor...

honda460ex

Seaman

Thanks guys... I am still looking. I had wanted to find a kit that way I didn't have to buy it piece by piece like on that one website carholme. Thanks for that link though, gives me another place to compare prices and order from when cheaper. I figured piece buying it would be more expensive. This is the site I have used to buy parts through before, but they have no kit either that I can tell.

http://www.marinepartsplus.com/catalog/mariner/serial/115+(6+CYL.)/+84980

Does anyone know what pump kits may be interchangeable to my part numbers? I guess that's my other problem finding the kit is knowing what will work on what. Sorry guys, this water pump experience is my first on a boat motor...

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Gee those two links are not complete. Look up your exact model and find the exact kit for impeller kit and water pump repar kit.

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

A call to a teck at Crowley Mariene should solve your problem. Call303-355-5555 an get a teck For all answers to kits for your motors water pump repair.

hl

Petty Officer 1st Class

A call to a teck at Crowley Mariene should solve your problem. Call303-355-5555 an get a teck For all answers to kits for your motors water pump repair.

Try marineengine.com I ordered one for a 90hp yesterday. They were on sale for about $25 plus shiping

honda460ex

Seaman

Thank you all very much. I have a pump kit now ordered. Funny thing was that iboats of course had it all along. I used the info that you all gave me and searched the kits. The iboats kit came with all gaskets, the impeller, and both lower and upper housings shipped and all for around $47. http://www.iboats.com/GLM-12140-replacement-parts/dm/view_id.458920

I didn't call crowley, just looked at their website and saw where they had it piece by piece but that would get expensive. Could have called but it was to late.

http://bpi.ebasicpower.com was the best website to search for it. Super website, thanks for that link Chris1956! It was there that I was able to find a general part number for the kit and then do an internet search for it. That website was cheaper, but it didn't look like it came with the lower housing which by itself elsewhere was another $25. I wanted to replace the impeller and all surroundings top to bottom.

http://www.marineengine.com was another great site, but they were closed before I could call. They may have had a full kit but I couldn't find one on the website, just piece by piece. The prices there was the cheapest I have seen for piece buying it though. Shoot, if you wanted to just replace the impeller I believe it was only $12!

Thanks for all for the info. Once again you all have been a great help! Now just waiting on parts... Good feeling... :)