Odyssey pontoon with 115 mercury, 4 stroke, "04 or '05, electrical problem?

Chris Breeding

Recruit
I have replaced high pressure fuel pump, primer bulb and fuel lines all the way to filter. Boat randomly idles above 800 up to 1600. this makes it hard to shift. Last time on water, same condition started shortly after running. also when I would hit the trim button, engine would stall like lost all electric fire, and most recently begins misfiring above 3000 rpm, but smooths out if below 3000. I tore into it last night and found loose crimp in trim circuit. Could loose connection here cause my other issues. I hate to keep putting in shop and not fixing problem, as well as replacing parts that may not need replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

Charlie61

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Odyssey pontoon with 115 mercury, 4 stroke, "04 or '05, electrical problem?

first thing I have not heard of a high pressure fuel pump in a small motor like a 115 hp outboard and yes you could repair all wiring if you think they are bad. you can buy a repair are service manual for less than $5.00 it will help you save a ton of money and you will understand your outboard . it's alway best to know something about it before you take if in for repair if you can not do it yourself

Re: Odyssey pontoon with 115 mercury, 4 stroke, "04 or '05, electrical problem?

do you have an efi? if so check the fuel module for vacuum tube leak. look up the fuel module part and see the vacuum tube.
I had a bad tube to regulator pumping fuel into intake. locked engine.
mercury has bulletin out but it is incomplete. they use vinyl in the module and it crack with ethanol.