Replacing ignition switch on 1979 Mariner 40HP 2 cycle

Smatt16

Recruit
I recently had a new ignition switch installed on my boat for a 1979 Mariner 40 HP 2 cylinder 2 cycle engine. Initially I was having to use the pull rope to start the engine because my switch was bad. He replaced the ignition and switch and it was working great except for the motor would not cut off if the kill switch was pulled or if the key was turned to the "OFF" position. It just kept running. I gained access to where I can see the 6 terminals of my ignition switch and I noticed the kill switch wasn't even wired into my ignition switch, so that answered one question. Now I am trying to rewire my ignition switch so the kill switch is inline and working. Problem is my ignition switch has 6 terminals with lettering M B M I C and S. There is also an A on the switch but there is no terminal associated with A. I understand A goes to an accessory panel which I do not have, B goes to the (+) of the battery, C goes to the choke. Where should the I terminal be connected to on my motor and same goes for the two Ms and the S. I believe M stands for Magneto? Im going to have to use my Ohm meter and try to figure out where each terminal goes. My wiring harness has 7 wires on it and one was not connected to anything. Please tell me where I am supposed to have wires attached to the terminals and where the should go in order for the switch to use the push to choke and to have the kill switch reconnected. Thank you so much.