1993 mercury 200 offshore. oil injection repair (removal?)

Groupergulper

Seaman
I have searched and havent come up with the answers i was looking for.
I just got a 1993 2120 robalo with a 200 mercury offshore. I didnt get a lot of history with the boat. Anyway, It fires right up and within a few seconds the alarm goes off, fast beeps. The remote oil tank is full and pressurized, the oil tank on top of the motor is full and pressurized. ( the wires to the cap were bare and twisted so i taped them up) Everything seems to be hooked up. The clear line coming from the oil pump was only about 1/3 full, and after running it at Idle or just above (alarm going off) it slowly drained almost out and didnt appear to be filling back up until i shut it off, then it filled back to about 1/3 again. SO how do i know if its getting oil? Should the clear line be full of oil, no air. what does the oil alarm mean? does it mean that there is no oil available or that there is no il in the crankcase? how does the sensor work? there is wires on the cap on the small oil tank so there must be a float switch in the cap on the small oil tank,

Should i just disconnect the oil injection? My previous boat/motor was disconnected and we mixed it in the tank. it was a failsafe way to know it was getting oil. How do i disconnect the oil injection system correctly. I have read about a $40 kit but havent seen where to buy one or what the contents are. I understand at idle it will smoke a little more and possibly load up eaiser but i also know its getting oil if i mix it correctly.

Need some direction,
Thanks
Tom

Groupergulper

Seaman
Re: 1993 mercury 200 offshore. oil injection repair (removal?)

Ok, so the oil pump is pumping oil, i can see it moving in the tube as i mrev it up and it smokes. the cap to the small tank is bad, ($60) the oil pump sensor must be bad because when i remove it the beeps stop, Its ($75) and who knows about the module. But one things for sure it was getting oil. so i dont think its worth the $$$ to fix the sensors.
I am just going to disconnect it and mix in the tank. its not a big deal and costs nothing.
any input?????

B-Dozer

Seaman

Take it off. Not hard to mix, and if your like me. It just makes me feel better

Dukedog

Captain

Best to remove tha pump and pinion gear. Mercury part number for the plastic block off plate is 43453. It has a stem that will keep tha brass bushing in tha block in place. The O-ring for that kit is 32509. You also might need a coupla shorter 10/32 ss machine screws...........

Almost forgot. Need to plug vacume fitting right below tha starter.....

Groupergulper

Seaman

Ok. Thanks for the info. I started removing the components last night. I plugged the crankcase. Removed both tanks, tonight I will start on removing the oil.pump and the alarm components. I hope my local dealer has that plate in stock.

Groupergulper

Seaman

so, i got the plate and the o-ring, i will be installing them in a few min. anyone know about the alarm ? i remove the oil injection alarm module, then move a wire to the junction box?????????????

Groupergulper

Seaman

it was pretty straitforward, i removed the oil pump and the shaft that drives it, instead of plugging the T in fuel line i just replaced it so it was 1 piece. installed new plate with o-ring, then removed sensor, then removed alarm control module, then tested temp alarm by grounding out sensor and it alarmed so i guess im good. Mixxed gas /oil in tank, purged gas line until i got oil/gas mix, will run tommorow.

Groupergulper

Seaman

boat ran great in driveway. put in water an it ran great out the channel. oil problem solved. BUT now i have a carb problem, when i trid to go full throttle it bogged , and now its pouring gas. so now the carbs.