first timer bought a jet boat

mo65in12ok

Recruit
just bought a 1997 sugar sand mirage sport with a blown 175 hp merc jet.engine was not winterized!!! is there another engine block i can use to keep costs down? thanks for any advice.:)

Bondo

Staff member
Re: first timer bought a jet boat

just bought a 1997 sugar sand mirage sport with a blown 175 hp merc jet.engine was not winterized!!! is there another engine block i can use to keep costs down? thanks for any advice.:)

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Sounds like ya need a Jetski motor....

Capt Ken

Commander

Well first, don't know how not winterizing blew an engine. Not like water sets in it and it freezes. Anyway, it just a Mercury V6 block.

steve-lima

Recruit

First off it's a two cycle engine.........when you don't put the proper amount of oil in it the pistons have been known to come out and see daylite.......Mercury uses GM blocks if I remember.......or is that a Ford Mercury block or what......

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The only "Jets" used in those boats was the Mercury Sport Jet. Which is an outboard powerhead sitting inside the boat on top of a jet pump. In that light, I am going to move this over to the Mercury outboard forum.

mo65in12ok

Recruit

Thanks Don, I guess my only option is a merc power head.I will start by looking for a used one. Thanks Again! mo65in12ok