• bad part

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zblalock

Recruit
I have a 2003 20' Sport powered with a 2003 200 HP Mercury SN 0T735420 model # 1200422AY with a fried voltage regulator part # 883072-1. I have ordered a new part including the wiring harness. Before I replace the bad one with a new one how do I determine the original cause of the failure. I recently installed a blue seas add a battery relay. I have two batteries, one cranking and one deep cycle.

Laser Larry

Recruit
Re: Voltage Regulator failure 2003 200HP Mercury

I have a 2003 20' Sport powered with a 2003 200 HP Mercury SN 0T735420 model # 1200422AY with a fried voltage regulator part # 883072-1. I have ordered a new part including the wiring harness. Before I replace the bad one with a new one how do I determine the original cause of the failure. I recently installed a blue seas add a battery relay. I have two batteries, one cranking and one deep cycle.

Same motor same part failure.... mine failed and caused a fire! Purchased this boat/motor with 150 hrs. Checked out by a surveyor/mercury motor tech!

We were returning from our first offshore trip.... pulled up next to a beach and anchored....after an hour we cranked the engine to motor home. Immediately the smoke was visible, luckily we extinguish the flames quickly. The black smoke could be seen for miles. The Mercury repair tech said this nearly became a disaster as it charred so closely to the gas line!!!!

Was told that Mercury had a recall on this part in the 90hp but as the 200hp has two voltage regulators they did not put out the same safety alert nor recall for the part on this size motor..... the Mercury dealer repaired the damage at no cost but the company made no comments! No contact to us! Swept this under the table...

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: Voltage Regulator failure 2003 200HP Mercury

Make sure switch is make before break as switching with engine running with regular just break will damage rectifiers...