Need help finding a list of parts on Iboats

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have one pistion that melted in 1 cyclinder in my 1985 mercury blackmax 150 due to lack of lubercation ( carb clogged up) I am going to be getting a list of parts i will need to repair everything in the next few days or so I will need everyones help with trying to find these parts...I dont know the part numbers but I will be able to tell you the parts I will need....This would be a BIGGGG help if someone or a few of you could chime in once I post what I need Thanks...

My buddy will be getting the 1 cyclinder bored and then we will be replacing piston ,servicing lower unit,replacing all fuel lines and oil line and rebuilding the 3 carbs.....

Serial number IS6635951

CharlieB

Vice Admiral
Re: Need help finding a list of parts on Iboats

Definitely use that link and identify every part with the factory #'s, from there you can check anywhere to compare parts and prices.

Some have strong bias's when it comes to piston manufacturers, and highly recommend one or two brands over many of the others.

It is not totally unfounded, a lot of it has to do with both meticulous installation, proper break-in, and how the motor is operated by the owner.

Ask questions if you opt for an aftermarket piston.

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok thanks...I will be posting up the list soon.

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well guys I finally got the money to order my parts..BUT my mechanic is going out of town this evening and down have my parts list ready :( so when Monday or Tuesday he will have a parts list ready for me and I will then start ordering parts..some parts I will be ordering offline and some I will just get at a local mercury dealer.....Ill keep you updated..THIS WAITING IS KILLING ME!!! UGGHHH