40hp Mariner Magnum 4cyl, fuel pump??

anvilhead

Cadet
I have a 40 hp Mariner Magnum 4cyl engine on my boat. The low oil sensor warning beeper started going off with the key switched on. This happened years earlier and I disconnected the bullet connector and the horn stopped beeping. The problem that I am having is the engine was bogging when I was running at or near wot. it ran fine at mid range speeds. This last weekend I replaced my primer bulb, secured all the fuel line connectors, replaced the fuel filter and the problem increased. when running back to the dock I had to pump the primer bulb to keep the engine running. it shut down once and I pumped the bulb, it never got really hard and the engine flooded. finally got it started again and eased back to the dock. I am thinking that the problem might be the fuel pump. does anyone think I am on the right track? any help will be greatly appreciated.

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 40hp Mariner Magnum 4cyl, fuel pump??

If the fuel pump diafram has a hole in it it could be your trouble as it will let fuel be sucked back into the crank case aera and flood the motor out if the leak is bad enought. JMO
Oldman570