Oil/Gas leak on 125 hp two stroke Mercury Outboard (4cyl/2cyl motor from '00)

Boater8976

Recruit
My outboard continues to leak oil into the transom if I raise it up after running it. I have had a mobile repair guy as well as a shop look at it. The mobile guy claimed it is natural - something about pins getting stuck and lettting mixture out due to age. The shop rejected this explanation and replaced the oil reservoir lid and then the whole tank. Problem is, it is still leaking! Any suggestions for what to do or what could be the real issue here?

Boater8976

Recruit
Re: Oil/Gas leak on 125 hp two stroke Mercury Outboard (4cyl/2cyl motor from '00)

My outboard leaks oil into the transom if I raise it up after running it. I have had a mobile repair guy as well as a shop look at it. The mobile guy claimed it is natural - something about pins getting stuck and lettting mixture out due to age. The shop rejected this explanation and replaced the oil reservoir lid and then the whole tank. Problem is, it is still leaking! Any suggestions for what to do or what could be the real issue here?

I should add that it leaks out a fair amount and then stops leaking.

1stout

Cadet
Re: Oil/Gas leak on 125 hp two stroke Mercury Outboard (4cyl/2cyl motor from '00)

don't trim the motor up so far, it's the gas coming out of the carbs.