Midrange stalling Mercury Saltwater Series 2004

rcocken

Recruit
Hoping someone can help with this problem. I boat a 2004 proline 22wa with a Mercury Saltwater Series engine last year. Initially it seemed to run fine but as the summer progressed I started having intermittent stalling issues. The engine would mostly stall when I was slowly shifting from low to high before it would get to plane. Not sure what the rpm range is since my RPM guauge does not work. A couple of things seem to be common with this problem. It happens most often once the engine is heated up and on really hot days seems to be worse. Additionally if I accelerate quickly from low to high the issue does not occur. I have the Marina looking at the issue and I am told they ruled out the fuel system outside the motor (They hooked up a separate fuel tank and fuel lines and the problem still occurred). They also found a faulty Coil Pack which they thought was causing the issue. They did a sea trial after they replaced it and the problem did not occur for them but when I took it out the next day the problem happened again. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob

rcocken

Recruit
Re: Midrange stalling Mercury Saltwater Series 2004

Is there anyone who can help?