75 mariner oil injection

45chuck

Recruit
I changed the linkage rod to my oil injection pump and need to adjust it. My "Clymer" manual says there are 2 marks on the pump housing, to ignore the right-hand mark, and to align the single mark on the pump lever to the left-hand mark on the pump housing. However.......In actuality, I have 1 mark on my pump housing and 2 marks on my pump lever. It is backwards from what the book says. I am guessing it is a typo and that I am to align the left-hand mark on the lever to the single mark on my pump housing. I'm not for sure and don't want to fry my motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I tried to order an injection pump diaphram and was told it was no longer available. Is it difficult to eliminate the oil injection system and pre-mix my fuel? My pump is working for now,but I would rather pre-mix my fuel than to replace the pump. And BTW......Happy Fourth Of July!!!!!!!!!!!! Chuck

45chuck

Recruit
Re: 75 mariner oil injection

I changed the linkage rod to my oil injection pump and need to adjust it. My "Clymer" manual says there are 2 marks on the pump housing, to ignore the right-hand mark, and to align the single mark on the pump lever to the left-hand mark on the pump housing. However.......In actuality, I have 1 mark on my pump housing and 2 marks on my pump lever. It is backwards from what the book says. I am guessing it is a typo and that I am to align the left-hand mark on the lever to the single mark on my pump housing. I'm not for sure and don't want to fry my motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I tried to order an injection pump diaphram and was told it was no longer available. Is it difficult to eliminate the oil injection system and pre-mix my fuel? My pump is working for now,but I would rather pre-mix my fuel than to replace the pump. And BTW......Happy Fourth Of July!!!!!!!!!!!! Chuck
I found out how to set up pre-mix. I just need to know which marks to line up at oil inj pump. Thanks Chuck