Mercury Owners - Had Warranty Service on Your FSM?

fllawyer

Cadet
Afternoon all. Was curious as to whether anyone with a newer 4-stroke has had their FSM (fuel service module) replaced or had warranty work done. I'm scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow after the dealer replaced the whole FSM after a the low-pressure pump was shot. For reference, I've got a 2007 Mercury 90 EFI 4S. Had heard rumors here and there that the FSM was a popular issue. My issue arose one day when the engine started doing 4 beeps every two minutes, and after 15-20 minutes, would sputter, die, and shut off. These symptoms indicated it was a fuel starvation issue, and finally the problem was traced to the fact that the fuel reservoir in the engine was not being replenished by the low-pressure pump, thus explaining why the motor would always turn off like clockwork after 15-20 minutes (after it had burned through the initial fuel supplied to the reservoir from the main gas tank when it was turned on). When a mechanic came from the dealer and hooked a portable tank up, when the symptoms began starting he simply squeezed the primer bulb and the problem went away, thus supplying gas to the reservoir.

Any comments, and whether that fixed your problem, would be much appreciated. Thanks!