2001 Mercury 75hp 3cyl Power loss

Last season I could not get my Mercury started after sitting a season and a half without winterizing or treating the fuel. It cost me 350 dollars to get it running again.(Rebuilt and cleaned carbs and new ethenol rated fuel lines)

The enging ran great for a couple of outings and then after a while I would drop from 35mph at full throttle to 15-20mph full throttle. This happend a few times and I returned the boat to my mechanic. He said he could not replecate the problem. It ran normally for me for the whole season except for Labor day when it dropped out on me again. I took off the cowling cover and noticed my top cylenders plug wire was swinging free. I went to put it back on and I noticed the plug was broken at the porcelin just past the metal end where the plug boot attaches. I did not have a spare so I limped back and took the boat home. I also had a slight problem when I pushed the throttle to full real fast the throttle control arm poped off but I was able to push it back on with no problem afterwards. I dont know if I hit the top plug when I put the cover back on or not. I am usuall very careful when I put it back on.

I changed just the broken plug with an old one and it ran great until just this past weekend where it dropped out on me again. Since I have not changed all of my plugs this season I am going to change all of them and the fuel/water separator filter. If this doesnt solve the problem does anyone have any sugggestions what could cause to not to run correctly at full throttle? Electrical issue? Throttle issue? Help I dont want to take it back to the mechanic if I dont need to. When it lost power it ran fine except for not full speed at full throttle. Didnt seem to miss or hesitate. Just didnt run at full rpms.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You
Mark Metler