1996 175 Hp Mercury Black Max starting problem after warm

francistran7

Recruit
I have a 1996 175 Hp Mercury Black Max that has a problem starting when warm. It starts first try when cold started with putting the throttle half way and choking for ten seconds to get it warm. The motor runs fine. But every time I stop and fish and then get ready to leave and try to crank the engine I have to redo the half throttle and choke it. But this only works sometimes. Most of the time the engine rawrs for a second like it wants to start then turns off and then every other try to start it after that just makes the motor make a died battery sound and not start. The only way i've gotten to get it to start is to let the motor sit for a while (a hour or more) then try to start it up again. I do not think its the carburetors flooding (which i thought it was because i have to let it sit again before i try to start it again) because they are clean but maybe something electrical or something? I talked to a few of my friends that have boats of their own and one says it could be the coils not working properly because the motor is warm or the temperature gauge sensor or switch is broken. I do not know what to do. i have been stuck out in the middle of the gulf a few times due to this problem. Help?!?!?!?! :confused::facepalm: