1972 mercury trim pump

Vision91

Petty Officer 3rd Class
once again this is another thread on the pump...my pumps brushes kinda disengrated themselfs a while back and cant find them anymore...talked to a few electrical motor repair shops and they also said they couldnt help fix it so here i am looking for a new one so which one would work and that does not cost to much ive read some threads that the 1150s pump would loose pressure after a while do to o-rings and the ball bearings failing...and most said the 1500 one would work with no problem if anyone can help clarifying this and help with finding a used or new one it would help a lot

wired247

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1972 mercury trim pump

The Mercury 2940 commutator head has the brushes springs and bearing and should be correct down to 1970. $45. Fixed mine.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1972 mercury trim pump

Vision, The PTT units for the inline 4/6 motors from the early 70s to the early 80s were interchangeable. Obviously the replacements must be the two trim cylinder and external pumps. As wired said, the last time I checked the brushes were avail from Merc. There may also be an aftermarker PTT pump and upper reservoir from ARCO.