2007 Mercury 115 4 stroke

mikenky23

Cadet
I have had a fuel problem. To make a long story short I ended up changing both fuel pumps. I took it out today and it ran great. After stopping to swim for about an hour it wouldn't start. I got it started by swapping the two fuel filters. It ran great on the way back. We were about an hour and a half from the marina. Anyone have any ideas? please help...

Thanks,
Mike

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 2007 Mercury 115 4 stroke

Put some of your gas in a clear jar and see if theres any water in it.If you have a water separating filter dump it's contents into a jar.

ppaclay

Recruit

you may want to check this response out. It covered about every possible base. Hope it's the thermostat. I'm having some of the same problems and haven't gotten to the injector or high pressure pump solution. Wish I could be more helpful.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=360336

mikenky23

Cadet

I've checked the gas and its good. Just got back from the lake this afternoon. I've replaced both fuel pumps. Once I get it running it runs great. When I shut it off it doesn't want to restart. I put a primer bulb on my fuel hose and when I pump it, the motor will restart. Then it runs great once I get moving. When the boat rocked to the waves the engine would surge like the VST isn't getting fuel. My fuel lift pump is new but doesn't seem to be working right. Anyone have any ideas? It's got to be something simple because once I get going it runs great all the way up to WOT. When I drop back down to an idle it will eventually die like the vst runs out of fuel. I pump the primer and it will start and idle. As long as i pump the primer it will idle which is what i had to do through the marina and get it loaded back on the trailer. Any thoughts?

mikenky23

Cadet

I finally found my problem. My float is not working. I knew it had to be something simple. Thanks to those who tried to help.

while in the fuel module did you replace the tube to to the fuel regulator. It will fail next.