150hp mercury bogging down

Wwalker3875

Recruit
I have a 1996 150hp mercury outboard carbed basically when I bought it it had a Little bogging prob so I put it in the shop spent 900 on tune up carbs cleaned new plugs new prop well after all said and done took it to the water still bogging took it back to the mechanic he played with the carbs we took it and tested it and the motor blows the rings so I took it and had it rebuilt by a diff mechanic he put new rings and a new set of oem pistons in it so basically I had a brand new motor I was excited took it to the water still bogging even after rebuild well come to find out it blew the rings again put a new set in so I figured I would rebuild the fuel pump put a new fuel filter on new primer bulb checked the rest of the fuel lines they looked to be good so I took it to the water again still having the bogging problem but this time it got up on plane was running good then just quit wouldn't even crank over come to find out #6 cylinder completely went out now has to be resleeved ...when trying to give it any gas wether its easing into it or at full throttle all it wanted to do is bog anyone know anything that could be causing this prob? Please help I'm in desperate need of water lol

westexasrepublic

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 150hp mercury bogging down

WOW! are you putting oil in this thing or what! this cant be a real post