2007 50 hp mercury 2 cycle alarm does not beep when key is turned on

hollydrive

Cadet
thanks to anyone that might educate me, I have bought a 2007 50hp mercury 2 cylce with power tilt and trim, it has the automatic oil injection system, the boat runs fine but I am a little concerned about the alarm horn working for the oil injection and overheating. I want to make sure the alarms were not bypassed. I have been told that on some models that when you turn the key on the horn will sound once, and I have been told that some models do not sound when the key is turned on. The Reason that I have concern is that the boat has a water pressure gauge, tact, and some wires coming out of the console that went to some other guage that is missing. The alarm horn does not beep when I turn the key on. should it?

hollydrive

Cadet
Re: 2007 50 hp mercury 2 cycle alarm does not beep when key is turned on

o.k. I purchased the online and hardcopy repair manuel and I am going to follow the check the warning system circuit test and see if this tell me anything. the wires on the horn could be corroded or the system has been disarmed

hollydrive

Cadet
Re: 2007 50 hp mercury 2 cycle alarm does not beep when key is turned on

followed the test procedure and warning horn sounded, my model must not sound on key start unless there is a problem, if anyone has different information please advise me , best thing i did was buy a manuel thanks Iboats, happy fishing:)