Video- blackmax 200 hp overheat

MercBlackMax1

Seaman Apprentice
Heres the motor im having trouble with. Seems to run perfect at idle but the motor heats up to 240 on the outside of the block i checked with a gun to confirm the gauge and im actually dissapointed it isnt lying to me!

just buy the idle sound can anyone tell me if its running rough or is it running smooth

im also wondering if im over heating because im not feeding it water from the bottom and im going right to the t-stats
the water thats coming ouut of the telltale isnt warm at all its actually kind of cold.
maybe the water isnt building up in the motor and its just falling out of the pipe.

The water thats coming out from the water fill pipe on the bottom is boiling hot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQALlUTpYSE&feature=youtu.be

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Video- blackmax 200 hp overheat

Hard to tell whats going on.You didnt film prop area??
Anyway if your running motor with no muffs on lower unit,your impeller will be spinning dry and toasted.Replace impeller and check it hasnt broken up and lodged into your cooling channels.Check tstats are working also.

MercBlackMax1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Video- blackmax 200 hp overheat

Hard to tell whats going on.You didnt film prop area??
Anyway if your running motor with no muffs on lower unit,your impeller will be spinning dry and toasted.Replace impeller and check it hasnt broken up and lodged into your cooling channels.Check tstats are working also.

hey whats up! Im terrible at filming, the foot is scarp man its not on the motor i realized that i wasnt cooling anything where i plugged up the hose it needs to be on bottom to fill the block up with water but where i had it i was going up to the t -stats and right back out the telltale. thats also why io waasnt getting a reafing from my psi gauge.