Running XD100 in my 1985 Blackmax 150

tysdad2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, I have been running the regular oil from walmart in my 1985 Blackmax 150 Serial #6635951 mixing 16oz for 6 Gallons...But this past weekend my Step dad gave me a gave of XD100 So I tried it out...I took the boat out yesterday drove the boat for like 45mins no problems... took the boat out this morning ran perfect...right at the end of the day I crunk it up started to idle out to get on pad then I notice it has no power...only allows me to push throttle 1/4 way... NEVER ran hott I drove it 1 hour back tot he boat ramp...But when I tried to give full throttle it shuts off...Could this problem be caused by the XD100? Trash in fuel line? Power pack went bad?

I know the carbs are WAY past due for a cleaning...but I doubt that would be the problem?? how could it run all day perfect and then 1/4 at the end of the day...

please HELP ASAP

Thanks

aerobat

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Running XD100 in my 1985 Blackmax 150

hey ! xd100 is a superb oil but specially designed for direct injected engines where the oil is never mixed with gas before entering the engine . so mixing characteristics were never a priority for this oil.

i do not believe it has something to do with the oil, but maybe you could verify your compression to exclude any damage from lack of lubrication at your engine. but like said- i do not believe you have such kind of problem !

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Running XD100 in my 1985 Blackmax 150

Ditto that. XD100 is direct injection oil. I don't think it is ideal for premixing, but I also don't think it has caused your trouble. All engines that get sick ran fine before getting sick.