2001 Sea Doo Challenger 1800 with Merc 240EFI

I know that this isn't an outboard, but I think that the same powerhead is used in the outboards.

I just bought this boat and it won't start. Well it ran for about 2 seconds and then would not restart. I am thinking that it is a fuel problem. I was told by an outboard mechanic that the high pressure pump should run to pressurize the fuel rail and it should sound like a motor running. The sound that I hear is a fast ticking problem. Does this mean that the pump is bad or is this the type of sound that is makes. I have jet skis with EFI and you can clearly hear the pump and it sounds like a motor running.

Any Ideas? John

Re: 2001 Sea Doo Challenger 1800 with Merc 240EFI

I know that this isn't an outboard, but I think that the same powerhead is used in the outboards.

I just bought this boat and it won't start. Well it ran for about 2 seconds and then would not restart. I am thinking that it is a fuel problem. I was told by an outboard mechanic that the high pressure pump should run to pressurize the fuel rail and it should sound like a motor running. The sound that I hear is a fast ticking problem. Does this mean that the pump is bad or is this the type of sound that is makes. I have jet skis with EFI and you can clearly hear the pump and it sounds like a motor running.

Any Ideas? John

Does anyone have an idea?