Need Help 1994 150 Magnum 2.5 L

mxzer29

Cadet
Hello All,

Boating time again! Have a little gas problem. Noticed it when I was winterizing it last fall.. Just got it out yesterday and fired it up.. I have leaking gas coming from a valve stem just above the fuel pump?? What is that called?? I have the quicksilver catalogue with all the part numbers but I can't find it.. or a name for it..I'm looking on page 16 in the Fuel management system.
I'm wondering if I can change the valve stem center itself?? I took the center stem out and cleaned it...didn't work.. soon as i fired the engine again it started leaking again..
Can I use the centers from a normal valve stem for a car or truck tire? I have two different ones here.. but they look slightly different?
Would that leak make the boat fun out of gas while running or send the engine more fuel. Just the last run I noticed a lot of black oily stuff coming from the prop...I have be reading that is unburned fuel/oil...I have been mixing the fuel 50:1with the oil injection by pass. I don't run the boat very hard.. only now and then...
THanks for the help
Pat

mxzer29

Cadet
Re: Need Help 1994 150 Magnum 2.5 L

Would that be the schrader valve??Anybody???
Stumped?? I'm going to the dearler today..