center console control

Supersportster

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm am wondering about my 2005 115 hp center console control arm...

At 3500 rpm or lower, the throttle lever stays in place....when I run it at any rpm higher, right up to 5500 rpm, and let me hand of the throttle lever, the levers pulls back and slows down..

Am I right in assuming that it should stay in place ?

How would I go about adjusting it??

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: center console control

There should be a tension adjustment in there somewhere. Without knowing what brand of control box you have I couldn't tell you but my Quicksilver binnacle on my cc has an adjustement bolt right under the cover by the pivot. If the throttle is pulling back at full throttle make sure your linkages are all free and the cable isn't pinched anywhere. It may also be worn and the jacket is stretching when you firewall it.

Supersportster

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am hoping its just a adjustment....I attached a picture of it. I believe its made by mercury.cc.jpg

Supersportster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does the cover pop off , or do I need to adjust it from underneath it inside the cc?

Supersportster

Petty Officer 1st Class

I called on mercury dealer, and thy said its normal to back down rpms like that??

I cant see it being normal, because after having to continually push the thing down to run WOT for 25 mins, my arm was getting sore..

Anyone have any input??

Mi duckdown

Commander

I cant see it being normal either. I'm not familiar with that control.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Some controls have friction adjustments, so do not. Usually the control cable gets stiff enough, in time to make it a don't care.