Lower unit water inlet tube question

danamul

Cadet
IM000450.jpgIM000451.jpg

Should I put some silicone on the sides of the water inlet tube, I don't think ive ever seen the entire tube come out like this. When I put it back in im worried it might leak at the top of the tube.

1nebel0

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lower unit water inlet tube question

Take it off the lower unit and put a little grease on it and stick it back into the mid...then feed the lower onto it...you will have no issues..

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

The watertube is a friction fit into the midsection. It fits into a rubber seal, so grease is and work it into the seal, trying not to damage or distort it.

rocky229

Recruit

The watertube is a friction fit into the midsection. It fits into a rubber seal, so grease is and work it into the seal, trying not to damage or distort it.

I am currently in the middle of this water pump repair and can't get the shaft out due to the gear linkage shaft. I have a Merc 4 stroke, 25 hp and from what I have been reading all I need to do is take out the starter and disconnect the shaft. I can't get at that 3rd bolt on the starter. How do your do this? or is there a better way? HELP please

danamul

Cadet

Thx chris, someone might want to help out Rocky. You gotta let them know what kind of motor you have, I don't see why you would have to take out the starter. you should take some pictures. that might not be the right bolt.