1992 XR4 150 Tilt/Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartborchardt

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have noticed that that the motor will start to go down after a period of time. I have read several post about checking the fluid. On most units there seams to be fill cap that when it is full the fluid will start to run out. Mine is not like that. Surely I wouldn't fill mine until the fluid started to run out. Attached are a few pictures.

tilt01.jpg

tilt02.jpg

marty53

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1992 XR4 150 Tilt/Trim

Hey buddy. I recently had the same thing happening to me. It turned out I was just low on fluid. Your trim system looks identical to mine.. the fill screw is the big plastic hex shaped screw in your first picture. To fill, tilt the motor all the way up, open that screw, then fill with tilt/trim fluid until you can see fluid in the fill hole. Mine was way low, and after I filled, it solved my problem of slow drift down. Here is my post: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=520444&p=3516552#post3516552

bartborchardt

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1992 XR4 150 Tilt/Trim

Thanks Marty53. I'll give it a try tonight.

Hannafarms

Recruit
I know this is old post but I have exact same system and also slow drop. One question is there some sort of relief screw or something also that you have to open to bleed the air during/after filling?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I know this is old post but I have exact same system and also slow drop. One question is there some sort of relief screw or something also that you have to open to bleed the air during/after filling?

Hannafarms

Yeah, it's old. Start a new thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.