more cooling issues (long)

jajo

Recruit
Cooling issue's seem to be the hot topic of the day. Hopefully my is different enough to warrant an answer. What i am working with is a 1997 mariner 125. On the last run of the season last year i was having what seemed like water flow issue's water was just dribling out of the "telltale" (i call it the pee hole but saw that in some of the other posts) i had only purchased the boat at the begining of the season (late apr) so i assumed the impelar was shot. Got the new impellar put it in (old one looked fine)ran it with ear muffs and barely any water came out. I hit the fast idle lever and the water seem to increase flow with throttle so i thought i was good. Today got it on the lake had many issue's getting it going, due to the fact that i had put the motor back together with out making sure the bottom end was in nuetral when the top end was. Took it apart re assmebled on the ramp got it back in the water, to find that i broke the throttle cable/gear cable. Rigged it so i could get it in and out of gear figured i could at least idle to some fishing holes. started underway still had the cowel off the motor at idle just in gear looked back and nothing was coming out the telltale, but noticed water coming from what i am assuming is the head. Not a stream just drips and just a few drips coming out the telltale. I didnt run it long it never got hot to the touch. Am i done for? or is maybe the water jacket in the block pluged up? maybe a pluged thremostat? could the water leeking from the "head" have been pushed up from under the motor else where and just look like its coming from the head? any idea's.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: more cooling issues (long)

Disconnect the discharge hose at block and see it its blocked with insect debris. If clear start engineand see if you have flow from discharge elbow..