Mercury outboard serial number

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem identifying a used Mercury 4.5hp long shaft outboard. The Serial number on my Mercury 4.5 is "A138542" clearly displayed on the identification plate near the mounting bracket. I tried Mercury parts express but my number did not show. If anyone has more information on these mystery serial numbers I would like to know.

crazyhunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mercury outboard serial number

i searched a few diffrent site but i couldnt find anything are you sure u typed it right

WOW! Thank You Gerry! iboats.com just became my favorite boating community.

Mark

mthompson220

Cadet

I got a partial SN# off the motor that I have and can't seem to figure it out based on the sites that were recommended by.

The boat is a 92', and I believe that it is the original motor.

It is a 40hp Mercury oil injected 4 cylinder 2 cycle outboard, partial SN# xx267832. (I could not read the x's) but I think that the second might be a "g" or a "9".

Any help locating the rest of the digits would help. Looks like I might have to buy some parts very soon.

Thanks,

pjd71

Recruit

I am having a similar problem, except there is no platte with the serial number on the Mercury engine. I did find this on the engine itself, A890563. Any help would be great.

Patrick

IMAG0280.jpg

pjd71

Recruit

Thanks Gerry. I would have been racking my brain for that one. Or at least going to my local dealer.

Jandie

Recruit

Hello,

I also dont know the year of my 4hp mercury outborder. The serial number is called: 09733990
Made in Belgium.

Hope somebody can help me... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.