25 Merc spark issue

goblerblaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am still workin on my 25 hp Merc 1991 model. I ran it not hooked to a battery and now I am having spark issues. It ran fine until I did that. It will only run on one cylinder- #1 I think. I replaced the #2 coil and still no spark on that spark plug-this is the one that has the green/white lead from the switch box. I can take the green/yellow wire from the switch box and hook it to this coil(#2) and it will spark. I can hook the green/white to the #1 coil and it will not spark. So, whatever coil has the green/yellow wire will spark. Green/white from the switchbox ( power pack) will not spark. I don't know how to check the wire coming from the switchbox cos they appear to be one wire going into the hermetically sealed switchbox. I can't imagine that the new switchbox would have the same problem as the old one when it has never been run. I have swapped plugs, plug wires, etc and it is definatley the green/white wire that is not working. I have replaced the switchbox and still the same problem ($155.00 guess). I have left the grounds and only swapped the green/white and green/ yellow and have the same problem, so I assume it is not a grounding problem. I have also replaced the rectifier, solenoid,checked all wiring without pulling the flywheel and cannot find a problem.

Any body got any ideas before I completely go nuts?????? I am missing some really good crappie spawn here in Arkansas coz I can't figure this out. HELP !!!!!!