'98 115hp Mariner Lower Removal

kcnjamie

Recruit
Hello. I've been searching these forums like crazy but can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so please forgive me if this question is redundant.

I'm trying to replace the water pump on my 98 115hp Mariner, but for the life of me I can't get the lower removed. I have removed the four nuts on the side and the one in front of the trim tab. I can get it to break loose on the front end (about a 1/4"), but it won't budge on the back end (closest to prop). It feels like there is still a bolt of some type holding it on because it doesn't budge. What could I be missing? Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Casey

1nebel0

Chief Petty Officer
Re: '98 115hp Mariner Lower Removal

Look underneath.....you are missing one I believe....the 200h.p have two underneath...let us know if that gets it...

kcnjamie

Recruit

Thanks for the tip. I just ran out with a flash light to check and for the life of me if there is another one, I can't find it. I even removed the trim tab to see if there was one hiding under there and nothing. I'll keep looking though.

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

Have you tried tapping the unit down as there is probley a lineup pin in the rear and front of some housings that is sticking. Use a rubber malet, and place wooden wedges if needed.
Oldman570