150xr2 carb adjustment help

My carbs are out of wack very low idle and kinda does the sneezing thing and shuts off how do i adjust these carbs and turn the idle up do i turn the carb srews on the right side clockwise thanks for ur help

hl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 150xr2 carb adjustment help

My carbs are out of wack very low idle and kinda does the sneezing thing and shuts off how do i adjust these carbs and turn the idle up do i turn the carb srews on the right side clockwise thanks for ur help

Before you go messing with the carb adjustment, check the fuel filter and the fuel lines. Also check the plugs and the top of the pistons for the engine running too lean. I believe the air/fuel mixture on your carbs are factory set. If the carbs need to be idled up, crank the motor and turn the idle screw clockwise until the RPM is right. Check your manual.

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Located on port side.Should be adjusted in gear and in water to around 700-750 rpm.On muffs in neutral go for around 950-1000rpm to allow for zero load/back pressure.Is it late 80s model?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

A lot of those V6 Mercs have six idle mixture adjustments. The thing to do is set all idle mix screws to initial setting (1-1/2 turns CCW from lightly seated) to get a fresh mix of fuel (for premix motors), remove the cowling, and warm the motor us and idle around while setting them.

Adjust all six, until you obtain the smoothest, fastest idle, but keep the RPMs down below 1000. Now try to accelerate. If she dies, start opening the top carb screws 1/8 turn and try again. if she still dies, open the mid carb screws 1/8 turn and try to accelerate. Finally open the bottom carb screws 1/8 turn, and retest acceleration. Repeat until you get reasonable idle and smooth acceleration. Take your time and be prepared to reverse adjustment if you make a mistake and lean/richen it too much.

Thanks for the tips and help guys and it has all new hoses thru the whole motor new fuel filters and new plugs and its a 1985 or 86