Mercury EFI 200HP fuel consumption

tiburonla

Recruit
hello out there,

we are planning to buy a diveboat here in the philippines, therefore we need information about the estimated fuelconsumption.
here are the Specifications
Dive Boat
Length - 46 ft.
Width - 10 ft.
Depth - 5.9 ft.
Weight - 4.6 tons (approximate)
Material: Fiberglass

2 units Mercury 200 hp EFI outboard engines
2-stroke, V6 cylinders, 25" extra long shaft

if anybody has an idea or knows how to calculate the consumption or give us further advice or informations regarding these engines, we would be very pleased.

tnx in advance

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercury EFI 200HP fuel consumption

What year EFI's? 2.4 L,2.5L or 3.0L Engines?

tiburonla

Recruit

hi,

attached some photos of the boat, are the engines the right joice for that boattype,
the boat is supposed to go on daytrips at 3500rpm travelspeed and a distance of 140km back and forth,
unfortunately havent more info about model year and engine displacement yet, will follow once i get from the seller.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Hard to predict what fuel consumption will be at anything less than full throttle because those fuel consumption curves are not published and even if they were, would have to based on a specific boat, specific load, and specific water conditions. However, any engine will typically burn very close to 10% of its rated horsepower in gallons/hour. So a 200 HP engine at WOT would consume about 20 gallons of fuel per hour. Since you have two of them, the number goes to 40. At 3500 - 4000 rpm I would swag fuel consumption at about 30 gallons/hour. To give you an idea of a comparison -- my walleye boat fitted with a single 75 HP Merc engine and a fuel flow monitor shows exactly 7.5 gallons/hour at WOT and about 4.5 - 5 at cruise rpm.

tiburonla

Recruit

would it be better to replace the EFIs with new optimax engines, how much lesser is there gasoline consumption compared to the EFIs?

tiburonla

Recruit

just got further specs, the engines are 2009 model and 2,5Liter.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

would it be better to replace the EFIs with new optimax engines, how much lesser is there gasoline consumption compared to the EFIs?
About 3-5% over the EFI as the EFI is just a tad better than a carb engine.Wet reed engines tend to use more fuel than a DI engine
ust got further specs, the engines are 2009 model and 2,5Liter.
Depending on propping and rpm range its operated at, should burn close to 25 gallons per hour at WOT of 5800rpm. I myself would go with the 3.0 liter Optis as you can swing a larger diameter prop...