Having problems with my mariner 200v efi not going to full power just 2000rpm

hutch24

Recruit
ok, I have a 1996 procraft with a V 200 mag. EFI mariner. I have had it to the mechanic and it still not fix. Let me give you a little history. The boat will run great off the trailer. when I stop to fish and and start it up everything is fine until I push down on the throttle It will go to 2000 rpm and thats it. It will run fine and and will not missd at all but it will not go past 2000 rpm. The mechanic has changed the plugs changed the fuel filter, rebuilt the fuel pump, done a compression check has 130 on all cyclinders,check spark, check for water in the gas, checked fuel pressure, 36 psi and pulse pump 2psi, . I have had lots of experience with big block chevys but not with boat motors. It sounds like it it on a rev limitor. When i unload it off the trailer it will run like a new one. but when i start it back up it run and wont miss it just wont go past 2000 rpm. Can you please help. Thank you very much.

CharlieB

Vice Admiral
Re: Having problems with my mariner 200v efi not going to full power just 2000rpm

The ignition system has both low and high speed generating coils in the stator, the system may make fine spark cranking and at low speed yet e failing to produce a hot spark at higher RPM.

NEVER ASSUME the problem as electrical parts can get expensive and there is NO RETURN, so you must PROVE the fault before ordering any parts.

Download the Ignition Troubleshooting Guide from the Support page of CDIElectronics, follow the directions to test the stator, you will need a DVA meter or a DVA Adaptor to use with any volt/ohm meter.

hutch24

Recruit
Re: Having problems with my mariner 200v efi not going to full power just 2000rpm

Thats what another guy has said also. does the stator break down when it gets hot? because right off the boat it runs great . yesterday I took it out and for 10 miles I ran it to the top of the lake and when i cut it off for around 45 mins I started it back up and thats when it would only go to 2000 rpm. And how long would it take to cool down and run again?

hutch24

Recruit

Thats what another guy has said also. does the stator break down when it gets hot? because right off the boat it runs great . yesterday I took it out and for 10 miles I ran it to the top of the lake and when i cut it off for around 45 mins I started it back up and thats when it would only go to 2000 rpm. And how long would it take to cool down and run again?

Also do you think it might be a temp sensor. i was reading in the cdi and it was saying to try unhooking the temp sensor and tring that. Thanks you for your time!

veritek_dragger

Seaman Apprentice

Also do you think it might be a temp sensor. i was reading in the cdi and it was saying to try unhooking the temp sensor and tring that. Thanks you for your time!

hey there....i have same motor, exact same problem. did u get it fixed? if so what was the problem?