1996 150hp EFI Mercury fuel pump voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydrahmij

Cadet
My repair manual says I should have 12v at postive side of electric fuel pump. I don't have it. What is the source of this voltage? My engine is getting no fuel. Any ideas on my problem?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1996 150hp EFI Mercury fuel pump voltage

Is that the only thing electrical that isn't working? If so then I'd look for a corroded terminal in the wiring that ultimately leaves the engine (via the engine harness) and goes back to the control box ignition switch which has to be in the ON/Start/Run positions to have voltage on it.

Pin 2 of the engine harness connector, if you are using the 2000 or 3000 control boxes, is the purple 12v (switched) feed wire to the engine. There could be several junctions of this wire before you get to the fuel pump which could be corroded....or you could have a broken wire.

HTH,

Mark

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1996 150hp EFI Mercury fuel pump voltage

It get power off red battery connection at solenoid, purple turn ECU on/off and driver board in ECU varies the ground to - side of pump...

RJGTRUCKING

Recruit
I don't know what your problem is, but I have the opposite of yours. The power at the top of my fuel pump shows power all the time. I just did an engine change and am wiring it up, which is more difficult than it seems. I would think the power shouldn't show until the switch is turned on. Does this sound right, or does it have power continually?

Dukedog

Captain
tha positive on tha pump should have voltage to any ground except tha negative side of tha pump with tha key "off".. like Fb says tha key switch brings tha ecu on which in turn controls "how much grounding potential" tha negative side of tha pump gets......
JAN.. with tha key on ya may get some strange (not normal 12v) readings between pos and neg on tha pump....it doesn't work like a normal "on or off" switch....

manual? oem or aftermarket?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.