2010 Merc 15? Is there a kit available for electric start?

Tronald

Seaman
I wish that I would have opted for the electric start when I bought this motor because it's a bear to start when it's cold. Does anyone know if there is an electric start/charger kit available?

Best regards,

Tronald

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 2010 Merc 15? Is there a kit available for electric start?

Ayuh,.... A quick call to yer Mercury Dealer oughta answer that question...

Fun Times

Staff member

Ayuh,.... A quick call to yer Mercury Dealer oughta answer that question...
Call with or post your engine serial number.

Star

Chief Petty Officer

Tronald welcome to the world of Mercury!
I have an 05 15 4 stroke. I bought it as a used motor with low hours.. Ha Ha. Boy was it messed up. I know that the 10 has improved carb over mine to get that .002% better burn but I am sure it is similar to mine. These carbs are much more critical than the older systems that most of us are used to. Clean fuel cans and fresh gas will save you alot of grief. I don't think you have to run your engine dry every time you go out. If you don't plan to go out for a two to three week period OK but I pull the plug on the carb bowl because running it dry leaves gas in the carb anyway. My engine starts on second pull when I don't use the electric. You do have an unloader on that engine to prevent kick back. Be sure you bring the throtle up to the start position because they run this engine so lean. Seafoam or power tune will clear minor junk but carb disasembly isn't too bad and is the best solution. I have a manual choke on mine. I'm sure the10 is cuter though. It takes quite a bit of money to upgrade to electric, I'd guess $350 with a deal at todays prices. My 15 gives me 21mph on an alum 14' starcraft. Good luck on your quest!!