Mercury 125 ELPTO impeller kit

wburress

Cadet
Hi, I have a 2000 Mercury 125 HP ELPTO. I tried to locate a impeller kit on the iboats site but could not find the part. Anyone know what the part number is? Also how about a link for the repair manual. Moter S/N is DT105635. Thanks in advance.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercury 125 ELPTO impeller kit

My serv manual covers the 3 and 4 cyl engines in that hp range. One lower unit is shown for all engines therein and it lists separate parts and then a "Repair kit, Water Pump Impeller" which one would assume contains everything including a new housing and upper lower unit oil seal. It's pricey as compared to just an impeller (43026T_2).

The kit Merc p/n is 43026T11.

Mark

carholme

Rear Admiral

Are you sure that s/n is correct or could it be 0T105635?

If so, it is a model:

1125412WD MERCURY 2000 125

Parts listing:

http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/3745.cfm

Service Manual P/N: 90-830234R3

http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/TwoStroke/830234r3/cover.pdf

You must have Adobe Acrobat reader installed to use this manual. If you scroll down to the lower part of the opening page, you will see the various engine components in red. Click on the one you want and when the first page opens, click on the "Save As" icon at the top LH corner of the page and you can save it to your computer.

Gerry

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Are you sure that s/n is correct or could it be 0T105635?

If so, it is a model:

1125412WD MERCURY 2000 125

Parts listing:

http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/3745.cfm

Service Manual P/N: 90-830234R3

http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/TwoStroke/830234r3/cover.pdf

You must have Adobe Acrobat reader installed to use this manual. If you scroll down to the lower part of the opening page, you will see the various engine components in red. Click on the one you want and when the first page opens, click on the "Save As" icon at the top LH corner of the page and you can save it to your computer.

Gerry

I recently online subscribed to the Seloc repair manual and got my numbers from there. One of us apparently has the wrong number. I would like to know which is correct, because if mine is wrong I want Seloc to know about it.

I'll go to the site you mentioned and see if I can sort things out.
---------------------------
Edit: I did and see that the manual listed 90-830234R3 published December, 1997 is the same as my manual (which the previous owner of my engine supplied with it) which says it's for engine of interest and serial numbers OD283222 for US mfgr. and above.....above to where? The next time they publish a SM?). Looking at pages 6A-4 and -5 is the IPB and parts list but no numbers....I guess Crowley has the numbers from Merc.

The manual I bought recently from Seloc was for my engine which is S/N OT500,000+ (for an '02 90 hp triple of that series of engines) and apparently the parts are different than those required to complete this post. I don't have adobe on my Mac so I didn't see what's in the manual you referenced, just saw the cover sheet.

In short Gerry, you have provided enough info to convince me to bow out that you are on the right path and my info was erroneous and I apologize for that. I now am glad I responded to this post because when I replace my water pump I will pay close attention and hopefully be able to ensure that I get the right part. Additionally I will bookmark Crowley for future parts reference.

Thanks,

Mark

carholme

Rear Admiral

Mark;

Thank you for being so kind to respond but it is no problem. It all comes out in the wash somehere.

Regards

Gerry

wburress

Cadet

Thanks everyone, Sorry about the S/N confusion. I double checked the S/N it is OT105635.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Just order the 18-3214 from iBoats as it has everything you will need to replace your impeller. This is a very common impeller kit as it fits 3 & 4 cylinder inline Merc engines ,GenII Mercruiser lower units, Force engines using Merc lower and Hondas with the Merc lower unit.