1973 Mercury 75 7.5 HP Need Some Answers Please!

Can someone answer these questions please.?​
:facepalm:
The engine in question is a 1973 Mercury Model 75/7.5HP Ser# 3732431.

:confused:
1) Does this engine have a Thermostat in it, if so where.?
2) Does this engine have a fuel pump and if so where is it located.
3) Where can I find some new Top Cover decals at an affordable price...some of these sites are outrages on prices for a set, the decals cost more than the engine for God sakes.
Maybe I should have someone hand paint it on, it might be cheaper.?
4) I have a small rubber hose that comes out of the top of the engine and exits thru a hole on the side of the Lower Cowl...is this where the water exits after it has been pump thru the engine. I have not ran this motor yet, Im still in the process of trying to give it new life. The previous owner trully abused this engine.
5) How do you Decarb this engine, I see and hear people discuss this topic but I cant find the procedure to do.?

:)
so far I have rebuilt the Carb. and fixed a few broken plastic parts on the engine, need a new shift lever, and shift linkage bushing, also need to drop the lower unit and replace the impeller, I here sometimes that can be real fun trying to get the old one off etc.
Oh well thats enough questions for this episode, Im sure I will be back with more later so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance for anything you can tell me.;)

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1973 Mercury 75 7.5 HP Need Some Answers Please!

1. No
2. Yes and operates off cylinder pressures due to remote tank requiring it.
3. No idea.
4. Yes
5. Basically you take a small amount of fuel (1 gallon), fuel/oil mix in your case at 50:1 (1 pint TCW3 2 cycle outboard oil to 6 gallons is 50:1) and then pour a 16 oz can of Sea Foam into it and mix it up well. Run the engine for a bit and get it well distributed in the engine and turn the engine off. Let it sit for some time (hour) and crank her back up....get a gas mask or big fan as fumes will be lots of white smoke and overwhelming. Run the engine for a few minutes and shut it off. Do it again. Then get a new can of fuel/oil mix with either no Sea Foam in it or mix per instructions on the can (1 oz per gallon of fuel mix) and run the engine on that for a few minutes. Then change your spark plugs. You should be good to go using the 1 oz per gallon of fuel you mixed up which you can maintain on a regular basis. I keep Sea Foam in my fuel always.

Mark

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

If you have something to work with, a sign shop may be able to work up a set of decals from your existing remnants. Worth a shot...

Texasmark & Chinewalker, thank you both for the information you have supplied..I will do the Sea Foam decarb process just as soon as I am ready to start and tune it. Again Thanks a Million!