Mercury 225 Opti DTS Harness

Breynolds

Seaman Apprentice
I recently purchased this motor used with no controls or harnesses. I contacted a mercury rep and got the part numbers they recommended. 1BO72977 is the serial for this motor. The problem I have is with the command module harness. It is missing pins H,J and N on the 14 pin connection. My motor is missing pins e,P and N. The only wires that I have voltage on from the motor is H and J. Since these do not hook to anything nothing happens. My serial number sticker looks like it was removed and reaffixed. But all the parts on the motor that have manufacturers dates on them are from 2004. Which makes me think that tis is the right serial number. Just a 2005 motor built in late 2004. Anyone out there have any ideas on this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Breynolds

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Mercury 225 Opti DTS Harness

There has to be someone out there that knows what I got. Where are the optimax gurus at?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

If your trying to use a 8 pin to 14 pin adapter it will not work as the adapter harness is non DTS compatable..

Breynolds

Seaman Apprentice

This motor has a 14 pin connection. It is not an 8 pin. It has 14 slots and 11 pins are there.