1996 200EFI intermittent alarm (Oil issue) ??

sledstew

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,
Working on a 1996 200EFI merc and its giving the intermitent alarm ,looking for suggestions because I have tried about everything I can think of.

Here is what we have checked:
1) Oil cap on resivoir,tested and its good
2) Had new spare alarm module so we slapped that on
3)Removed oil pump and made sure plastic gear on crank was not stripped out
4) Checked to see magnet on oil pump was good ,also bushing is good
5) Went to salvage yard and got a different oil pump sensor(magnetic sensor) and replaced that
6) also checked for water in fuel filter
7) we have 12 volts on white wire going to oil pump sensor
8) caps on oil tank inside boat are tight
9) Oil pump is free and spins nice, the oil pump actually works great

A)Couple things that concern me, the oil pump sensor has 3 wires coming from it ,blue,black,and white, the white is 12volts ,black -ground and the blue wire is to the alarm module and is suppose to read ~5 volts. I tried to spin the engine by hand so I could get that 5 volt reading from the blue wire but the most voltage we got was .157 volts. Do you have to spin it quick to get the voltage or slow or does it even matter???? Any suggestions would be great.

B)My other question is this-- If I pull the oil pump sensor from the place where its mounted in the block and run a magnet by it will it read ~5 volts when the key is on???

C) Lastly- once in a while when I turn the key on the buzzer will beep a couple times and quit when the key is in the run position(motor off). the next time I turn the key on the buzzer beeps a constant intermmittent beep.

Sorry the post is so long but didnt want to miss anything