72 Mercury 200 20 HP Water Pump

Okay, so I fixed the throttle issue. Now water isn't "peeing" in a steady stream from the motor... only sporadic, very small drops. I imagine it means I need the replace the impeller but wanted to double check with the forum first.

I let it run 1 minute with the flusher hooked up; is that enough time for water to cycle through and start to pee out?

Merc200Ben

Recruit
Re: 72 Mercury 200 20 HP Water Pump

Hello, I am new at fixing outboard motor but I know about mecanic. I read that if you do run a Mercury motor without water the water pump could break in 5 seconds or so! I am fixing a Merc 200 20 HP 2 stroke outboard motor . I never saw it with it original solenoid. Is it possible for you to sent me a good picture of how it is secured to the motor? Last year I had the lower unit completely rebuild because there was no water comming out of the cooling outlet. And there was no impeler left on the small black rubber water pump.
Sorry about my english writing skills, I am a french Quebecer!

FLATHEAD MAC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sounds like impeller gone but also ck for possible blockage by ronning a piece of weed eater line up thorugh the "pee" hole while running on muffs.
just replaced impeller on '74 500 50 hp , started wp i barrell of water p"pee" was very weak. pushed line up hole , poking around and almost got a bath when blockage dissapeared. running good now

Mi duckdown

Commander

Replace impellar, for peace of mind.
When doing so check drive shaft @ impellar housing.
I beleive that shaft is carbon steel, not ssteal. they become grooved @ the seal to the lower unit.