Newbie needs help with my peehole

Chefstu

Cadet
I just picked up an Explorer Tri-Hull with a 50 hp Merc Blue Band 2 stroke. I'm guessing it's an early 80's. The main problem is I have no water coming from my peehole. I originally used muffs but I stuck the motor in water and still no water but I do get exhaust and I can blow through it and it seems to be clear. Do you think I might need a new impeller and does anyone no were I could find out the date. I have looked on many sites but can't find any Canadian #'s . Mine starts with a 7. Hope some pro's can help

pbgeneral

Seaman
Re: Newbie needs help with my peehole

I would start with replacing the impeller.

rg2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Does this motor have a thermostat that controls water flow through the motor? If so, remove it and make sure it is working properly. On the smaller outboards the thermostat housing is what the pee hose attaches to.

Chefstu

Cadet

Thanks Looks like I got some work to do.

Chefstu

Cadet

I'm not sure it runs down the left side of the motor (when standing behind it) and disappears. I'll have to have a closer look Thanks

Chefstu

Cadet

Thanks but no sign of my digits anywhere. My # is 7052357 and I haven't found it on any 50 hp Merc. lists

79Merc80

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hello:

Yours is a 1975. Serial #'s start with 7051983. 1976 #'s start with 7068998 So should look like the 2nd picture. I don't believe there is aq thermostat on that engine. As for the pee-hole. If you are looking at the back of the engine. the hole is on your right hand side above the 2 ports on the exhaust tower and below the "Handles" on the belly pan or where circled inthe first picture.

Attachments

• 1972-75 Merc 1500.jpg
    1972-75 Merc 1500.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1983 Merc 115 Pee-hole.JPG
    1983 Merc 115 Pee-hole.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 0

Chefstu

Cadet

Sorry I meant inside the housing. The peehole is on the right but inside the tube runs behind the cylinders to the left side and I believe after a closer look yesterday runs into the block from there. Thanks for the pics.