Where to buy parts for old Mercury

xGH0ZTx

Seaman
I have a 1969 mercury 65hp outboard and am looking for an intake gasket.
ANY help or advice is appreciated.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Where to buy parts for old Mercury

My local NAPA dealer has a marine catalog and was able to get any Merc part I wanted.

Otherwise, there are many places on the www, including iboats, where you can get parts.

Mark

xGH0ZTx

Seaman

The mechanic I have looking into the engine told me the parts are no longer available because the engine is so old. I will get the part number from him and try to hunt it down online.
I will also check NAPA

xGH0ZTx

Seaman

Thanks I appreciate the help. I am a little overwhelmed with the task of taking the motor apart since I never have done this before.

This may end poorly :confused:

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Thanks I appreciate the help. I am a little overwhelmed with the task of taking the motor apart since I never have done this before.

This may end poorly :confused:

Not aware of your mechanical moxy, but I have spent my life doing things that I never have done before...completely restoring a '65 Starcraft I/O sitting partially submerged for over a year, keeping 4 kids in "rent a wrecks" at about 7 cars apiece while growing up, building my own house (one nail at a time) with my wife and 3 of these 4 kids 30+ years ago and am comfortably living in today....go for it man!!!!!! You will be a better man for the experience and ready to take on the next task with that that much more vigor......Nothing ventured Nothing Gained....Patrick Henry....naw, don't know the source of the quote, surely not mine, but has been around for a ton of years and it is so true.

Mark

xGH0ZTx

Seaman

Thanks for the encouragement. I really love this boat it brings back my good childhood memories.
Of course I also have several boat breakdown childhood memories.
Go figure :facepalm: