Pennzoil 2-cycle Marine Oil

iboatWayne

Cadet
Just curious if anyone else has difficulty finding the full synthetic Pennzoil marine oil! Last year I was able to purchase it a WalMart but this year all I can find (at two different stores) is synthetic blend. :mad: I've been doing hours of research and found nothing online. None of the auto parts stores carry it either and my nearest marine shop only carries Merc/Quicksilver. I may go with that but I don't think the premium plus is full syn. It appears to be a blend like the pennzoil except cost $37/gal!
550022771 Blend P/N
550022726 Full Syn P/N
IMG_0943.JPG

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pennzoil 2-cycle Marine Oil

Yes, I was unable to find it at Wallyworld as well. I ended up buying a $40 gal of full syn at BoatUS. I have used it in my speedboat this summer as a test to see if the cost was worth it. However, at 3 times the price of Wallyworld Dino oil, I doubt it.

79Merc80

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I actually work at Wally World, and that is one of the BIGGEST complaints we get, and one of the BIGGEST downfalls of the store. There is no constant product availability there. I don't know if it's our wearhouses or home office just changing the products. I tell people, if you see something you want, GET IT. There is no guaruntee it's going to be there the next time you shop there.

Craig

iboatWayne

Cadet

I think their purchasing agents are on crack. Sucks that it's the only place I can (or used to) buy it. Had I only known last year. I think our Chico walmart actually cut back on some of their marine stuff and it's not a super wal mart. I bought the syn. blend by accident thinking I was getting the real thing. Both containers look almost the same. I go through about 2 gallons each season so the high price isn't too big of a deal. I like that it's biodegradable, I feel bad enough dumping all that crap into the water as it is!

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

I get it at Bass Pro but it's hot or miss whether they have it in stock or not. When they do I buy two gallons. When they don't have it I tell them to order in 2 gallons for me and pick it up at the store. No extra costs that way. I've been using the 100% synthetic for 4 years now and have had a tough time finding it if I'm not near a Bass Pro and even then it's a 50-50 shot. I like the stuff because my engine smokes a bit less with it but I don't carbon up like I would with dino-oil.