25 hp sea pro need help!!!

spaky

Recruit
I got this new 25 hp sea pro this summer, love it :) But if i go trolling for a hour or so it seems to get glazed on the piston. It whont take off, it stuters and bogs and just whont move till i rev the motor in neutral a couple of times, the spark plugs are fine, i got a 50-1 oil mix. Im yousing mercury 2 stroke oil and 91 pump gas. I looked att the pistons and they are glazed lightly. what should i do... a cab ajustment, change the oil mix or change oil, or is this motor just not made to troll.... Please help... Thanks.

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 25 hp sea pro need help!!!

I don't know what "glazed" means. And troling shouldn't be an issue but some outboards do get heavy on fuel/oil when running at low rpm for an extended period and the revving is necessary to clear it out. Not a big deal. You should add some additive to help prevent carbon build up though. And does the manual call for 91 octane? Using higher octane than called for is a waste of money and can actually hurt the engine. And no don't reduce oil. 50-1 is fine- you run the engine at high rpm when you are moving so don't cut back on oil.

spaky

Recruit

Hy ufm82

What type of additives could i get? i dont know mutch in 2 stroke :p The owners manual says minimum octane 87 (91 by research octane rating) so 91 or 87 ??

Thanks for the reply

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

I use SeaFoan but there are others out there. Merc, "Rude, Yammies all have their own flavor. I've had the Merc version before as well but I have a convenient source for SeaFoam. And use the 87 octane- the engine will like you for it. And so will your wallet.

spaky

Recruit

I will go grab a can of Seafoam tomorrow and i will give her a fresh tank 87 octane

Thanks for the mutch needed help!!