alarms stay on while engines are runnig

31footer

Recruit
Hello, I'm new to this forum but after looking it over, I can see that there are alot of knowledgeable people here.
I have a 2000 Mariah boat with twin 5.7 mercruisers with Bravo Three out drives. Both motors only have 53 hours on them. The alarms that come on when you turn the key on stay on even after you start the engines. We have tried to remedy the problem for the last 5 days. Here is what we have tried so far.
1. One of the out drive containers was low so we filled it
2. We unplugged the out drive oil sensor, then the temp sensor, then the oil pressure sensor on both motors and both alarms still continuosly stay on.
The boat is not in the water, were running it with water muffs. The boat has not been in the water for about 5 years it was a bank repo and we had to put in new igniton switches because when we purchased the boat the bank did not have keys to it.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: alarms stay on while engines are runnig

With all the sensors unplugged and the alarm still sounding I'd be looking at an improperly installed ignition switch, possibly feeding power to a circuit that shouldn't have power unless a sender sends it. Maybe a ground issue. Just went through that with my boat and found the console ground wire at the rear buss was broken inside the insulation. Major headache to find but easy fix once found. Disconnect each ignition switch and see what happens. Check your wiring schematic to make sure the wires are correct. Then go from there. Sorry can't be much help from that guess.

j_martin

Admiral

You might get more help if you move this from the clamp on forum to the bilge mount forum.
(Mercruiser forum)

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

clamp on forum to the bilge mount forum.
That's a good one!!!
toothlessgiggler.gif

Cheers,

Rick
B3.gif