older merc 25- bleed hoses

matth121

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys, this is probably a silly question, but here goes, directly below my carb, i have 2 thin rubber lines that run to each cylinder on the intake side

picture here - http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/TwoStroke/826883r2/4.pdf
click on bleed system on left

Do these lines supply fuel to the combustion chambers? Theres check valves that prevent the fuel from going the other way so it has to be dumping fuel into the cylinders right? Reason I ask is I replaced them both yesterday, but the ones that came off had the tiniest of holes in them, hard to believe anything could run thru them. The replacements had a significantly bigger passage for the fuel. Almost like the old ones had swollen themselves almost shut, looked great on the outside though.

I've been having power problems that might be related to fuel starvation so I'm just wondering if those tiny hoses are what supplys fuel to my motor.
Thanks
Matt

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: older merc 25- bleed hoses

No.Those bleed lines transfer unburnt pooled fuel from one cylinder to another to be re ignited.Your main fuel supply comes in via carbs and reeds.

matth121

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: older merc 25- bleed hoses

ya, did a bit of research(should have done that 1st) found mutiple threads here that explained that. Thanks for your reply though.
Matt