Dies when giving throttle?

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Finally got my 82 175hp V6 running right, then took it to the lake this weekend. At first it ran great, but then after a while, if I'd shut the engine off for 5 minutes while out on the water, it wouldn't want to restart without giving it a little throttle in neutral and giving it any throttle past 1500 rpm in gear would make it want to bog out, lose power and die. However if I nursed the throttle there for a while when in gear, the problem would seem to clear up and it would run great again. So after that I stopped shutting it off while running on the water and it was good for a while until it started doing the same thing again after idling while my passengers climbed back on the tube. It's not wanting to give me any power and dieing if throttled over 1500 rpm, only this time the problem wouldn't clear up by nursing the throttle so I limped it back to the trailer. I tried hitting the choke button while nursing the throttle on the way back and that just made it want to die out too.

I don't know where to start on this one because I just recently cleaned the carbs, did a link and sync and replaced the spark plugs. Does this sound like a fuel supply problem?