Where to find used parts

torndown64

Recruit
Does anyone know where I could go to find a distributor and possibly switch box for a 1971 Mercury 115HP motor. I believe mine have failed and need to find some. I have nothing available locally, and most shops done want to even see/talk to you if your boat is older than about 15 minutes.

CharlieB

Vice Admiral
Re: Where to find used parts

Used parts are getting hard to find but if you check with CDIElectronics.com I think you will find they are making distributors and switchboxes.

relocyo

Chief Petty Officer

Does anyone know where I could go to find a distributor and possibly switch box for a 1971 Mercury 115HP motor. I believe mine have failed and need to find some. I have nothing available locally, and most shops done want to even see/talk to you if your boat is older than about 15 minutes.

Just do a google search for used outboard parts, last time I did I found a place in florida that has tons and tons of used partswith pic on their website, was somthin like "jimmys used marine superstore" or somthin like that, somones name in the title... They ship and are quite helpful by phone

mrallen007

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've had some pretty good luck searching the part number on Google. Crowley Marine is a great resource for finding the original part numbers based on detailed exploded views of different engine systems. If the original part is no longer available, Crowley will often list a number of part numbers that are suitable replacements. You can search the original part numbers or the substitute numbers on Google and you may find something. Best of luck to you!

jeff9501

Cadet

I have a dist and switch box but I am probably a long ways from you i am in sask canada