only runs with enrichener on

w13

Recruit
can anybody out there explain theory of float adjustment would a low float level say 1/2 inch when it called for 9/16 starve it out for fuel or close the needle and seat 2002 mercury 40 hp 2 cyl elect 2 stroke before this it would never idle at less than 1200 bypassed oil injection run 50/1 mix premium oil and made syn and link adjustments fuel pump rebuilt good pressure 130 compression good spark both cyl what leads me to carb when i pump up the primer bulb i see gas going from float bowl up into carb throat any advice out there thanks gus w13

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: only runs with enrichener on

Your post is real cryptic, and therefore hard to understand. if the floats are set too low, the motor may not idle well or starve for gas at high RPM, or both. Why not set them correctly? Make sure the idle passages are clear as well.

w13

Recruit
Re: only runs with enrichener on

Your post is real cryptic, and therefore hard to understand. if the floats are set too low, the motor may not idle well or starve for gas at high RPM, or both. Why not set them correctly? Make sure the idle passages are clear as well.

just wanted to let you know what it was i thank you for your reply i did the carbs fuel pump sync adjustment timing was way off with an assist i put a pencil in number 1 cyl till it was top dead center but it was way off i figured i sheared the crank key i checked amazon and i got a american puller new for 30 bucks got it delivered this morning pulled the flywheel and put in a new keyand closed up did a sync and link timrd it up had to run under load in gear i use a 55 gallon drum cut down with addes plexiglass so i can run in gear at 2000 rpm i ran it for 2 hrs ok now i will take the little whaller to lake hapatcong tomorrow thanks again