Mercury 60hp efi 4stk FUEL IN OIL PROBLEM

bwgarrett56

Recruit
I have a 2007 Merc 60hp efi 4stk on my boat that I bought new in 2007. Early this summer after a couple trips to my favorite fishing lake, I pulled the dipstick and it looked and smelled like there was fuel in the oil. A quart of it !!
Since the engine is still under warranty, I took it to my local mercury dealer for service.
Bad fuel pump,leak in diaphragm causing fuel to be pumped into the engine's crankcase. Great !! problem diagnosed.
When I got it back I had taken it on 3 day trips to the lake, checking the oil level after each day. Looked like no problems until the 4th day trip. Checked the dipstick and it the level had risen and it it smells like fuel just like the first time only not quite as much fuel this time since I have been watching it closely.
So.... what's going on ? another bad fuel pump ? bad batch of fuel pumps from merc ?
I have researched this issue as much as a can and I could use some other opinions on this. Remember its an 07 and I have used it each and every year with clean clear oil and no problems.
Please help me

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mercury 60hp efi 4stk FUEL IN OIL PROBLEM

Howdy, BWG,

Welcome to iboats. :)

Have you been through the "4 strokes making oil" article in the Engines FAQ Forum?

Check that out.

Good luck. :)