2000 Mercury 175 EFI Intermittent Problem

rsparky71

Recruit
Please Help!!! My motor runs fine most of the time. When it acts up, it might only happen once or twice an outing. It runs like it is only on half the cylinders. When this happens I can go wot and it won't have the power it should. I can't get on plane. Sometimes at wot cruising 60 mph it will just die, like you turned the key off....no blubbering or cutting out. I can trim down a little, hit the key and it starts right up. I can even stay on plane while this happens. I did find a bad voltage regulator. It had a hole burnt in it. I replaced it and it still does it. Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

rsparky71

Recruit
Re: 2000 Mercury 175 EFI Intermittent Problem

What am I doing wrong? Why won't anybody reply to my message? Please help me.

Coloradolakeboy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm not sure what ignition you have. You either have power packs and coils or a CDM Module, probably the latter. You need to run some tests on your ignition and rule it out or diagnose the problem. Don't throw parts at it. Go to this site and look at pages 89-90.
http://issuu.com/cdielectronics/doc...t.xml&backgroundColor=000000&showFlipBtn=true

This symptom, (if it is the ignition) often starts off intermittent and progressively gets worse. Mine did. Look at the section titled "Miss at any RPM."

rsparky71

Recruit

Thanks Coloradolakeboy. Finally someone that wants to help me. :)